- Ticket purchasers must be 18 years or older to enter the David Busby Street Centre Catch the Ace Raffle.
- Ticket purchasers must be located in Ontario at the time of purchase.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the David Busby Centre Catch the Ace Raffle:
- The Executive Director of the David Busby Centre
- The Executive Members of the David Busby Centre Board of Directors
- Staff working in Resource Development and directly assisting in the conduct and management of the Catch the Ace Raffle.
- Tickets must be purchased in the province of Ontario.
- Tickets may be purchased online at www.busbycatchtheace.ca
- Tickets will be available beginning at 11 am on Tuesday, August 4, 2020
- Tickets will be available for purchase each Tuesday morning, following the previous weekly draw.
- Tickets are available for purchase at the following prices: $3 for 5, 10 for $10, and 60 for $20.
- Tickets are available online and will be sold using an electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
- Tickets will be available for purchase outside, weather permitting (i.e. Rain, snow, cold/heat, etc.), at various locations throughout the County of Simcoe between August 4, 2020 and July 27, 2021 or until the Ace of Spades has been located which then concludes the Raffle. Locations for ticket purchase are:
- The David Busby Centre, 88 Mulcaster St. Barrie, Ontario L4M 5E1
- Monday to Friday 11 am to 3 pm
- Joe’s No Frills, 165 Wellington St. W, Barrie, ON L4N 1L7
- Thursdays 3pm to 6pm Aug 6th, 2020 to October 29th, 2020 (weather permitting)
- The 400 Market, 2207 Industrial Park Rd, Innisfil, ON L9S 3V9
- Sundays 12 noon-3pm starting August 30th - until draw ends
- Ticket purchasers will select a virtual numbered playing card from the remaining playing cards available at the time of purchase. Each numbered playing card contains a hidden card from a standard 52 card deck. The number of cards available for selection begins with 52 and declines by one each week that the card selected by the Weekly Prize winner reveals a playing card other than the Ace of Spades.
- Each purchaser will select a single card. The selected card will be associated with all tickets included in the ticket order. Multiple cards may not be selected within a single ticket order.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets available.
- All online tickets will be delivered via email only. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to ensure that they receive their tickets, however, purchasers do not need their tickets in hand to be included in the draws. If you have not received your ticket(s), please contact the Busby Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All tickets sold from a hand held or tablet device will be issued a paper ticket, however, the numbers printed will be electronically imputed into the electronic raffle database and drawn by a Random Number Generation (RNG)
Draws, Prizes and Winners
- Ticket sales will conclude each Monday at 11:59 PM at which time all qualified tickets will be confirmed.
- A single ticket number will be selected each week by a Random Number Generation (RNG) program, from all raffle ticket numbers sold during the week leading up to the draw. The Draw will be electronically conducted.
- Each weekly draw winner will be announced by Wednesdays prior to 11 am and will receive a single cash prize equal to 20 percent of all ticket sales collected during the weekly draw. Following the weekly draw, the playing card within the card associated with the winning ticket order will be revealed.
- If the numbered playing card associated with the winning weekly draw ticket reveals the Ace of Spades, the weekly draw winner will also receive the Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot, consisting of 30 percent of all ticket sales collected over all weeks. The David Busby Centre Catch the Ace Raffle is then concluded.
- If the numbered playing card associated with the winning weekly draw ticket reveals any playing card other than the Ace of Spades, 30 percent of the ticket sales for the weekly will be added to the Progressive Jackpot. All tickets from the previous weekly draw are then voided and ticket sales commence for the next weekly draw.
- The winning ticket number will be posted to www.busbycentre.ca following each weekly draw, along with the weekly prize amount and the revealed card associated with the weekly winning ticket as well as on our social media pages via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Ticket holders do not have to be present at the draws in order to win or to claim their prize. They will be contacted via phone and or email.
- Unclaimed prizes will be secured for a period of six (6) months following each weekly draw. Unclaimed prizes will be reported by the David Busby Centre and a charitable allocation will be approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- The winner must provide their full name, address and phone number upon claiming their prize. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- By purchasing a ticket in the David Busby Centre Catch the Ace Raffle, the purchaser acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agreed to these rules. All inquiries regarding the conduct, chance of winning, prizing or procedures of lotteries are to be made to David Busby Centre prior to the purchase of a ticket.
- All orders will be processed and fulfilled using the Ascend Fundraising Solutions raffle management system. In the event of any discrepancy, the records of Ascend Fundraising Solutions shall be deemed correct and final. The David Busby Centre is responsible for the conduct and management of the raffle. The liability of the licensee shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket.
- The above set of rules will be posted where participants may review them
By claiming a prize, the winner consents to the use of their likeness/photograph, first and last name and city/town of residence, any audio, video, written communications for the purpose of winner notifications for publicity on behalf of the Busby Centre. Busby Centre respects the privacy of all participants and supporters and we do not disclose personal information. Please contact email@example.com for questions and accommodations.
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, LL 12134. - Please play responsibly. ConnexOntario 1-866-531-2600 or visit connexontario.ca.
GOOD LUCK in this week's draw and THANK YOU for supporting The David Busby Street Centre.